“Our mission is to educate federal employees on the importance of understanding their current financial situation, establishing a solid foundation, and guiding them in the coordination of their benefits and goals to achieve financial security and freedom”
For nearly 30 years the Federal Benefits Advisory Group has provided education on federal benefits to active and retired federal employees. Our network of federal benefit consultants partner with Federal Agencies and Associations to educate their employees and members on the importance of maximizing federal benefits and establishing solid financial plans. The need to build a solid financial foundation, save for retirement, plan for higher costs of living, and increasing taxes has never been more important than right now.
Our network of Federal Benefit Instructors collaborate with experienced investment advisers to bring the best information and current technology to federal employees. Our instructors educate employees on topics such as:
- FERS/CSRS Retirement Eligibility & Annuity Calculations
- Survivors Annuity Plan & Federal Employee Group Life Insurance
- Thrift Savings Plan Contributions and Allocations
- Social Security Benefits
- Medicare Part A/B & Federal Employee Health Benefits
Topics are taught to employees via live workshops, webinars, and on demand web-based educational programs. Experienced Benefit Consultants are available to answer difficult questions and to assist in retirement planning. Our Benefit Consultants are located regionally and use current software to support planning.
FINANCIAL LITERACY AND EDUCATION INITIATIVE:The objective of OPM is to educate federal employees on the need to plan for retirement, savings, and investing. We offer the solutions on how to plan for retirement and how to calculate the investment needed to meet their retirement goals. We focus on the following as outlined by OPM’s Retirement Financial Literacy and Education Strategy report to congress – Federal Employees need to be educated on:
- Their Federal Benefits
- How to Achieve Financial Security
- Retirement Health, such as medical and long-term care needs
- Retirement Lifestyle, such as post retirement work, leisure strategies, and housing options
- Estate Planning, such as wills and survivor benefits.